Thursday, July 22, 2010

Debate - How Young is Too Young?

You will get opinions from EVERYONE about what age is the RIGHT age to take your child to Walt Disney World. My best advice, nod and say ok and then decide for yourself. No one knows what the right age is but you!

For me I took my children as babies. My daughter made her first trip to WDW at the ripe old age of 7 weeks! Yup you read right! Many thought I was insane, but seriously, it was one of the easiest trips with children I have ever taken! I nursed, so I didn't have bottles to worry about. She wasn't even eating solids, so I didn't need that. I sat her in the travel system and pushed her around or put her in the front pack and I was off. My family was with us and I was able to go on the major attractions and utilize the Child/Baby Swap. My son was 3 months on his first trip, and while a bit tougher since I then had almost 2.5 year old too, he was the easier of the two!

Now many will say, oh I want to wait until they can remember. Seriously??? For me I don't get this. I remember every moment of my children's faces and delight in Disney. My son is still talking daily about his trip a 6 months ago. (He is 2.5 now.) Will he remember it at 10, 20, 30? Probably not, but I will! I will remember that first ride with him on Goofy's Barnstormer (Goofy Rollercoaster to my son) and the way he got so excited and his face lit up. I remember my daughter's first ride on the Barnstormer as well and that was 2.5 years ago. Now she probably doesn't remember it, but like I said I do! So for me it is not about them remembering it is about me remembering and making memories of my children!

Plus if you wait until they are older, isn't a little bit of the magic gone? No not from Disney, but the innocence of children only last so long! If you wait til they are like 10, then more likely than not they know that that is not really Mickey, but at 3, 4, 5, 6 they are pretty darn sure that that is THE Mickey Mouse! And there is something magical about that!

Also let us not forget - under 3 is FREE!!! So as was my tip on Facebook a few weeks ago - take them at least once before 3, even if it is when they are 2 years, 11 months and 28 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment