Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday's Tip

Are you going to Disney at a busy time? Are you curious as to what the crowds may be like? There are so many ways to do research this, but the one I know most about is - www.touringplans.com. I have used their crowd calendar several times. I don't pay for the service, but you can. If you don't pay for it you can see 30 days out. You will see that I post the information both here and on facebook, saving you time from having to go find it yourself. There is also tourguidemike.com. I have not used this, so I can't really comment on it!

Touring Plans crowd calendar basically goes up to a 10 and the closer to 10 the more crowded it is. It also tells you the best park and the parks to avoid on a given day. It is a helpful tool. I wouldn't say to follow it 100%, but maybe use it as a guideline. I believe they encourage you to avoid Extra Magic Hour days, but I am a fan of EMH, especially in the evening, so that is why I say use it as a guideline, but don't make it be the be all end all! :-)

On the science of the crowd calendar and what the numbers all mean for you go here - http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=258

No comments:

Post a Comment