This next ride has to be one of the best rides (in my opinion) in all of the Walt Disney World Resort!! Get ready to "soar" over California.....
- Park: Epcot
- Land/Area: The Land
- Height Requirements: Yes - must be 40 inches
- Best Suited For: Great ride for the whole family!
- Warnings: This is a flight simulated ride. If you get motion sickness this could bother you. Those with vertigo or a extreme free of heights may not want to ride.
- Fastpass: Yes. Also you can utilize the rider switch program with this ride.
What's not to like!!! The first time you ride this will be the best because the initial thrill you feel "soaring" over the San Franciso Bay will never quite be the same! I love all the little extras - the feeling of the wind blowing through you hair, the swinging sensation one can only assume you would feel if you were hang gliding, the scents of the evergreens and oranges! All of it is just amazing! I don't want to give too much away, but be ready to SOAR over California and see all there is to see. It is truly an amazing experience!
- Original ride opened in 2001 in Disney's California Adventure. It opened in Epcot in May of 2005.
- Lasts for almost 5 minutes.
- Best seat - middle section (B) top row (1). No feet hanging down and you are in the center or the theater!
- Screen measures 80 feet!
- Ride was originally designed using an erector set! :-)